Sunday, May 23, 2010

We'll Be Together, Again!

For some reason, when people mention that we all die eventually,
I don't feel as though it applies to the ones I love, and myself.
I feel as though we are infinite,
always alive and lungs breathing and heart beating;
simple because our love would be enough to keep us here.
In reality, I could die any minute now. You could die any minute now.
I've had only a handful of experiences with death in my life.
I feel as though death is a bit like the moon, the stars;
they are all so distant and unimaginable.
But, they are there, always there.

"I am a little shell containing tiny fragments of thoughts and ideas and emotions and love,
and one day the tide will be high and a wave will shatter me into a million inconceivably tiny pieces and bring me back to the earth, back home."

In reality, love does not keep us here, on Earth.
It keeps us together, I know, I believe it keeps us always together.
Love is not limited to one world, one universe; it is immeasurable,
unexplainable, like the smell before rain, the taste of one's kisses,
the way you feel when you hold someone's hand.
Love and death are not opposites; they are more or less constants throughout our lives.
There will always be death, and there will always be love.

We will always be together, you know.
I promise you this, with all of my heart.
I'd find you, wherever we go after this.
(whether it be on top of the clouds,
at the bottom of the ocean,
a different galaxy, a different star.)
I'd hold your hand, again.
We'll be together, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment